Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September Shipping: Tumblr Challenge, Question 12, "Have you ever been disappointed when your ship finally got together?"

Toradora! Taiga x Ryuuji
Most recently, the biggest disappointment I've had was in Toradora! Taiga and Ryuuji.

They had so much promise. I loved getting to see their relationship grow out of a deep friendship. In so many ways they compliment each other perfectly, there was no pretense, and most importantly they didn't put each other up on pedestals. By all standards their relationship should have work out beautifully...plus the show itself was highly entertaining, funny, and also incredibly heartbreaking at times...

BUT! And a huge but here (haha, big butts) the ending just seemed so rushed. And I'm mostly just talking about the last two episodes here. I think maybe it's like their relationship was built up so much that by the time they got together maybe there was nowhere else to go but to get WAY TOO AHEAD OF OURSELVES...

WARNING: SPOILSIES!

#Is this really the best course of action...are we not going to talk about this first? 















I just- it breaks my heart to think these two characters, which I've now spent countless hours growing attached to, are just setting themselves up for disaster.

*Sigh* Buuuut in retrospect, maybe it's just that these two characters could never have achieved a "normal" happy ending. Their personalities simply have too many sharp edges for a clean, pretty wrap-up.

That being said, I'd still watch it again. And again and again. I mean look at these cuties.





Should've been perf, no?


No comments:

Post a Comment