Friday, October 10, 2014

30 Day Anime Challenge Day 9

Best Anime Villain

I chose two, because like I explain, it kinda feels like I'm cheating.

Light Yagami, "Death Note"



This answer almost feels like cheating, if only because this asshole with a god complex has definitely topped several gazillion "best villain" lists. Even though Light's a protagonist, he's the most egotistical, morally corrupt self-proclaimed "good guy" I've ever seen. Probably the worst part is that he continues to believe that he's fighting the good fight, and to me, are no worse characters than the one's whose heroic agenda is so off, morally corrupt, and uncontested... I hate him. I hate him so much. Every time he appears on screen I want to punch him in his overachieving throat box. And if you don't think that isn't the trademark of a great villain, I don't think I want to watch anime with you anymore.

Nobuyuki Sugou/Oberon, "Sword Art Online"



Ugh. Todd. So creepy. This one started out bad and got worse and worse. Sexual harassment ain't cool kids. I'd say that the real tragedy was locking Asuna up, making her play the damsel in distress for an entire story arc, but that is just so glaringly untrue. I literally could not stop watching because I kept thinking, "There is no way he's going to get worse right? RIGHT?" Wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment