Thursday, February 26, 2015

First Impressions: Kill La Kill



I started Kill La Kill today, and even though I haven't gotten the chance to finish it quite yet, I thought I'd share my first impressions with you since I have seen about five episodes at this point. I think the best way to sum up what I've seen so far is through gifs. Because pictures do not do it justice, and since it would be ridiculous to just post all the episodes on here, I'll give you the next best thing. 


So we start off with our main character Ryuko, a girl who has been going around to schools and starting fights so that she can learn who killed her father and find the missing half of her scissor blade. But she finally comes across Honnoji Academy, and meets the Empress, Satsuki, who she immediately has beef with, but I mean, it's justified, because you can just tell by looking at her that this chick knows some ish. 



It's here that she meets Mako, a plucky young girl who is super friendly and weird, but proves time and time again that not only is she a true friend but she will go out of her way to help someone out. 


I mean, I'm not kidding. Girl is weird as sh*t. But in a good way. 


This is how everyone gets ready for school, no?


Fortunately for me, I've learned that you should always wear your sexy panties. You never know when this could happen to you. 


Finally Ryuko comes across a uniform that was made by her father called a Kamui, that uses life fibers to enhance one's own powers as well as give them incredible ass kicking powers themselves. 


And who happens to be the one that is willing to tell her the most about her Kamui and her deceased father? Well none other than the pervy, secretly handsome homeroom teacher. 


Luckily, she's got Mako to keep her sane in the mean time right? Well maybe not, but she does house Ryuko, which is probably more helpful anyways. 


Who should challenge Ryoko, if not the captain of the tennis team. Scary, right? 


Comin' in clutch. Defending the bestie. 


And here, we learned that in order to unleash all the powers of a Kamui, you need to be chill getting almost completely naked, luckily no one there is chubby or ashamed of their bod. 


I kind of want a watch like that, like for real. Can someone give me one?


This is pretty much the lowdown of what happens to Ryuko every time she gives her uniform her blood and it gives her power. 

Now, obviously, I did miss some key elements in my recap of what I've seen. But that would spoil it too much for the people. And I only give out spoilers once I finish a show. On a more serious note, this show is still keeping my interest, so I'm definitely going to see this to fruition. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment