Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Sketchbook: Lucy Heartfilia-Aquarius WIP


Hey, remember that old, old WIP I started a couple months ago? Yeah, haven't touched it for awhile...until today! You know, I think I have a thing for hiatuses and forgetting to post and draw and also be a person (read: too much ramen, not enough sleep). Um, whoops?

Here's a picture of my last update (for reference):


Whaaaat? I'm not quite sure about the style I've picked yet (gotta try out all kinds) BUT I'm really liking the improvements and seeing the compare and contrast. Works in progress--seeing others'-- are my jam and to have my own is super exciting because this is the first time I've ever kept a digital sketchbook. Already, I'm a fan. I have to give it up. I fought against the transition to digital drawing for awhile, pretty much all my life actually (no idea why), yet I'm enjoying the new media, experimenting with different brushes and textures and being able to make a brighter more interesting looking work more quickly and differently. It's a bit of a challenge, getting over the learning curve of using a digital tablet and it's been years since I've actually sat down and drawn, but I love it like I never stopped. 

So yeah...with this I'm thinking of keeping a record of how I like my tablet, drawing programs, learning to create art digitally, etc. Working title is still my sketchbooks series. It'll mostly just be me sitting around making fan art in different styles, which...what else is new. SO! What do you think? 


No comments:

Post a Comment